Wednesday 13 October 2010

Downgrading Adobe Flash Player


So I had an issue today where all of my SWF video tutorials did not work correctly after a certain version of the Flash Player. I originally used ViewletCam software to do this back in 2004; and the videos seemed to half at random intervals and then crash.

I needed a way to at least view these files locally, so that I could convert them to something more suitable. I had FLV in mind, and I could use these to load into many free web-embedded flash players.

This is what I did.

1. Uninstall the current version of flash. Adobe provides uninstallers for all versions. Current page to do this
2. test that the uninstall worked. This should either: not load or prompt you to install flash player (do not install here) Link here
3. Obtain an older copy of flash player. Adobe has them all Here or take a visit to OldVersions.com
4. Install the old flash player.
5. Repeat step 2... this should give you your new flash version.

No comments: